5-5-5 Firefighter Fitness Honor WOD Program
The Honor WODs. – Remember. Commemorate. Celebrate.
Purpose: It’s not about how the died, but how they chose to live!!!!
When the 5-5-5 Firefighter Fitness Honor WOD program was created, it was made to honor the 343 Firefighters who lost their lives during the terrorists attack on 9/11/2001. Each lost brother was given their own workout, and a brief description of their life was posted on our Facebook page. As our Not For Profit grew, many requests were made for additional Honor WODs to be created. At first we were very hesitant to continue, feeling as though it would take away from the “343”. We also were unsure of how to create a tribute and still stay true to our mission, to reduce LODD’s via cardiac related events, thru fitness.
After much time and thought, we have come up with the program listed below. The original “343” Honor WODs that were created will alway be under the term “343 9/11 Honor WODs”, thus separating their meaning, sacrifice and service. Our new Honor WODS will be listed under 5-5-5 Honor WODs.
The 5-5-5 Honor WOD program is not only for firefighters who were killed in the line of duty. This program is meant to honor those who placed physical fitness as a priority in their life and the life of those around them. We are also looking to honor those who’s department added, updated or changed their health and wellness programs after the members passing. This program is not about how they died, but about how they chose to live.
The staff at 5-5-5 Firefighter Fitness has established the following criteria to submit and be selected. Any and all submissions will be reviewed by an independent panel of judges. All names and locations will be removed as well.
1) Submissions must be placed no less then 6 months after the honoree’s death.
2) Written consent from the family of the honoree must be included with the application, as well their contact info.
3) A picture that you would like used must be included.
4) All submissions will require a one time $15 filing fee, these proceeds will go directly to supporting the mission of 555 Fitness.
5) A completed application form must be received by the deadline to be considered.